handmade jewellery by contemporary designers

Friday 7 September 2012

jessica flinn; september featured designer


This month we are turning our attention to Jewellery By Jessica Flinn. Originally from Darlington but now residing and working in Sheffield, the once local girl has quickly become a name to watch having this month been named in jewellery industry magazine Professional Jeweller's Hot 100 of 2012.

Jessica was born and raised in Darlington but after developing a keen interest in design and passion for creativity, decided to attend Sheffield University to study as a silversmith. After graduation she remained in Sheffield where she continues to design and create her contemporary jewellery collections from her workshop.

Her fabulous collections are made using techniques such as laser engraving and casting which are inspired by the industry she grew up around in both Darlington and Sheffield. Her collections are made in stainless steel, sterling silver and gold.



Describe yourself in ten words or less...
Creative, energetic and busy!

Tell us a little a bit about your job and what you love about it...
I run a small design company which is based in Sheffield. I love my job because I do a bit of everything; designing, making, marketing and sales. Everyday is different

How would you describe your jewellery?
Clean lined, simplistic, stylish and feminine.

What inspires you to design and create jewellery collections?
Different experiences that I've had and places I visit. Inspiration comes to me when I least expect it.

What are some items of jewellery you find yourself wearing constantly?
I love bracelets and cuffs, I have around 20 in my collection made by loads of other designers. Some large some small, my wrist is never without one!

Quick-fire questions!

Tell is something about yourself that would surprise people...
I lived in Korea fr six months!

City or countryside?
City

Silver or gold?
Both!

Who would you love to see wear your jewellery?
Anyone. I'd love to see it on a complete stranger as I walk down the road.

Favourite shop?
Normann Copenhagen - very cool designs.

Favourite place in the world?
My flat, with my man :)

Where in the world have you always wanted to visit?
Brazil - I'd love to go to the carnival. 

What is your most treasured possession?
It sounds sad but my mac is my most treasured possession - I'm a gadget lover!

Best way to spend a day of work?
Day of work?? What is this you speak off? :)

To see more of Jessica's designs visit us at http://www.jewelleryby.co.uk/14-jewellery-by-jessica-flinn

No comments:

Post a Comment